We have a great handgun range at the Redwood Falls Sportsmen’s Club! We received a grant from the MN DNR and with it we expanded the handgun range to three bays. Two of the bays contain steel targets. The third bay has target boards to hang targets.
New steel plates were installed in June 2014 to offer a variety of targets including silhouettes, falling plates, stationary plates and more.
Pistol Range Rules
- Falling plates are designed for .22 rim fire and center fire pistol calibers only.
- Absolutely NO center fire rifle calibers of any kind in any sort of firearm are allowed. They cause damage and create unsafe conditions.
- Do not shoot the steel targets closer than 7 yards. Bullet fragments will hurt you. Eye protection is STRONGLY encouraged.
- Any large bore pistol calibers – .454 Casull, .460 S&W, 50 A&E, .480 Ruger, 500 S&W, etc. are prohibited from shooting steel.
- All heavy or magnum loads with jacketed bullets are prohibited from shooting steel.
- The club member will be financially responsible for any damage done to falling plates. If you think your ammunition could damage the plates, please don’t use it!
- Please use common sense. Help us keep the pistol range in good repair for everyone to enjoy.
- If you see a problem report it.
- Clean up after yourself!