Looking for an opportunity to polish, improve or develop your defensive handgun skills? We are too! Join us for our very first defensive pistol league season!
We really want to focus on the defensive handgun portion of this pistol league as opposed to the competition portion. A little friendly competition never hurt anyone though, right?! You should join the Defensive Pistol League if:
- you are looking to develop your personal defense skills
- you’ve never shot a league or competition before (or you have)
- you want a reason to get out to the range more often
- you are looking for a little friendly competition (there may even be some prizes in it!)
- you want to hang out with like-minded people who are looking to improve their skills
The season runs May-September of 2020 running the first and third Tuesday evenings. There are two larger matches planned for Saturday July 11th and August 29th. During the summer we plan on some side matches as well with your deep carry firearms.
Each night there are two different stages (courses of fire) set up. Round count for the night is between 30-45.
Cost to Participate
The cost is $10 a night or $80 for the season for members if you pre-pay for the entire season.
There is a free trial night April 28th.
Start time is 6:00 PM.
Targets are IDPA targets. Each event varies at the number of targets and the number of rounds. Scoring is determined as follows:
Total time + A Zone (zero seconds) + B Zone (1 second) + C Zone (3 seconds) + Miss (5 seconds) + Non-Threat Hit (5 seconds)
Shooters will receive a scorecard to track their score for each course of fire. Shooter must initial and turn in their scorecard before leaving the range.
Prizes will be awarded at the end of the season.
- Shooters must be present for a safety briefing every night they shoot. Safety briefings will be done as staff is available after the initial briefing is conducted at the onset of the night.
- Shooters must pay a fee to participate.
- The range is a cold range. No loaded firearms unless you are the shooter. The range where the stage is set up is the only area where loaded firearms are allowed and only after instructed to load.
- Staging area is the canopy (cement) area of the pistol range. This area is used for getting equipment prepared. Shooter, safety officer and on deck shooter are allowed in the safety area.
- One shooter per stage at a time.
- “Load and make ready” is used as the command to instruct the shooter to insert their magazine and make their gun ready.
- Shooter and timer will go down range after the course of fire is completed and an all clear is called to paste and score.
- Violating the 180 rule automatically disqualifies you for the night.
- Trigger violation (putting your finger on the trigger when you’re not on target and ready to fire) automatically disqualifies you for the night.
- Absolutely zero tolerance for alcohol and drugs before or while shooting.
- After shooting the stage you are asked to “show clear” the empty chamber to the RO, then slide down, hammer down (you must pull the trigger), then holster
- Outside the waistband holsters only. Draw cannot break the 180 rule.
- Holsters must cover the trigger guard completely and be made of a stiff material.
- Each stage will take no more than 25 rounds of ammunition.
- Clothing must be tucked in. No cover garments.
- Defensive handgun of any caliber required. Revolvers are allowed but remember, it is a timed event.
- No magnified optics.
- At least one extra magazine is required if you’re shooting a semi-auto.
- Mag pouches are optional. Magazines may be carried in a pocket or a mag holster.
- Eye and ear protection is required.
- Close toed shoes required.
- Safety officer may deem any equipment as unsafe.
- Stiff, carry belt is recommended.