Range Update. We would like to take the opportunity to have an enjoyable and safe Memorial Day Weekend. This is the weekend that we give thanks for those who made the ultimate sacrifice while serving our Nation.
Lots of activity at the the range. Next month we start the trap league, more on that later. Defensive pistol is getting more interest and it is lots of fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN6uh6wxh3w You’ll need a pistol, holster, extra magazine and 35-40 rounds of ammo. The activities are on the first and third Tuesdays each month. During the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month there is rimfire shooting being conducted.
On June 6 there are two events. The Coyote Match shooting at the 200 and 300 yard range and the 3D Archery Shoot. There is an opportunity to get in some practice this coming Monday as the electronic targets are going to be set up. Bring a tablet or a smart phone and you can where you are hitting instantly.
The Redwood Falls Sportsmen’s Club would like to extend an invitation to you and your staff and or employees to join us for the 2020 Trap League. We are hoping that you could field a team of five members or more. We feel that this is a great way to meet others you may not encounter. It is also a means to have some team building with the people you work with. Most of all it is to have some fun. Team members are welcome to wear team shirts or come as you are.
Are you or someone you know interested in trying out clay target shooting? Redwood Falls Sportsmen’s Club has recently received a grant from the Friends of The NRA to support youth sportsmen (and women!). The grant allows for youth 18 and younger to learn the basics of trap shooting and try it out for themselves. Clays and ammo are provided, but firearms are not. If you’re interested, please message or call Larry (507-430-7761), Melanie (507-640-2021) or tom (507-993-5603) and we’ll be in touch!
• Competition is conducted on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Competitors can shoot either night and do not have to shoot as a team. They can also shoot ahead or catch up if they are not available the scheduled week.
• The cost for a round of twenty-five targets is $4.00. Other than the cost of targets there is no fee.
• Equipment is minimal: a shotgun 12 or 20 Ga, a shell catcher if you are using an autoloader, an ammo pouch/shooting vest, eye and hearing protection, and a box or two of shotshells each week.
• The league is conducted June-August for a total of 12 weeks of competition. The best 12 of 14 scores are used for league standing.
• We start shooting practice rounds in May and offer some instruction for those who have never competed before. Firing begins at 6:30 PM.
• Competitors may fire as many practice rounds as they want during the season. The first round of the evening can be declared practice and the second-round league.
This is not a sanctioned event with ATA or any other organization except the Sportsmen’s Club. It is totally for fun and developing skills. As an equal opportunity sport, it is open to everyone especially beginners and those with no experience. So regardless of your skill level come out and join the fun.