As a member at the Redwood Falls Sportsmen’s Club, you have access to a great outdoor shooting facility!
Here are the guidelines for when you visit the range:
- The golden rule: Leave the place better than you found it.
- Police your brass and other trash. Please pick up your empty brass, shotgun casings, targets, empty ammo boxes, ect when you are finished at the range. There are trash containers located near each range. However, if you brought something large, please take it home with you. If you pack it in please pack it out.
- No shooting of glass targets.
- Remove unusable targets from target boards. Please take down your targets after you’ve finished shooting. If your target is still usable, feel free to leave it on the board. The next shooter may be able to use the target.
- Open hours. The Sportsmen’s Club is a year round, outdoor range open from sunrise to sunset. The trap houses are available for organized events. Contact us for more information or to set up your event.
- Lock the gate. Unless there is an event going on, members should lock the gate after they enter the range and, of course, after they leave.
- Report any issues or problem. If you see any issues or problems with the facilities, feel free to contact any of the board members.
- Use eye and ear protection. Eye and ear protection is encouraged.
- Steel Targets. Do not engage steel target with armor piercing bullets. Don’t be that guy!
- Tannerite. Use of Tannerite and other exploding targets are not allowed!
- When going down range, lock your actions open so other shooters can see that the firearm is clear.
- Only engage targets that are mounted on the board. Please don’t shoot burn barrels, canopies, signs, target board uprights, ect.
- When using any range, please be contentious of other members. If you’re using a bench on the rifle range and another shooter approaches, please consolidate your equipment to one bench so others can make use of the same facility.
- Only engage steel targets with regular handgun ammo, no magnums. Magnum rounds include but are not limited to 454 casull, 500 sw, and 44 magnum.
- No rifle cartridges allowed on the pistol range except 22LR.
- Eye protection is strongly recommended used when shooting steel targets.